Director: Carrie Tupper
Hyatt, Regency 6/7
Saturday Sep 03, 2016 @ 5:30PM
The Anime and Animation tracks at Dragon Con are proud to bring back the Cosplay Contest! The Cosplay Contest is a craftsmanship award show, with a pre-judging session and a catwalk display. Join us for pre-judging in the Dunwoody room of the Hyatt on Saturday at 1pm if you wish to compete for fantastic prizes! Don't want to compete but still want to show off your great contest? Come by pre-judging and let us know to have a walk-on only.
If you would like to participate in the Cosplay Contest, please come to pre-judging at 11:30am in the Dunwoody Room in the Hyatt on Saturday (Sept. 3rd).
Dragon Con Cosplay Contest Rules & Guidelines
- Contestants can only enter in one category, Individual or Group. Due to the unpredictable size of groups, a prize for each member cannot be guaranteed.
- No skits during judging or catwalk.
- No nudity. No costume is no costume.
- No profanity allowed on stage. That includes messages on signs or clothes. Anyone who violates this may be disqualified from the competition.
- No political or religious statement during the catwalk. Anyone who violates this may be disqualified from the competition.
- Do not use any sort of projectile at all! Nothing must leave your person while you are on the catwalk. Anyone who violates this rule may be disqualified from the competition and may be asked to leave the convention area.
- No flashpots, explosive devices, or similar special effects are to be used. Anyone who violates this rule may be disqualified from the competition and may be asked to leave the convention area.
- All prop weapons must conform to the Dragon Con Weapons Policy, which is as follows: All weapons must be non-working and peace bonded. No functioning projectile weapons – including water pistols, silly-string guns, and ping-pong pistols. Bladed weapons must be cased or sheathed at all times. No clowning around or showing off in the common areas. Any weapon used in an offensive manner will be confiscated. Anyone who violates this rule may be disqualified from the competition and may be asked to leave the convention area. We expect you to use good judgment; with your help, we can continue to allow peace-bonded weapons.
- All applications must be submitted at the time of pre-judging, Saturday at 1pm at the Dunwoody room in the Hyatt (Animation track room), and applications will be available at that time. THERE ARE NO ONLINE APPLICATIONS, they will only be available physically at the pre-judging session.
- To be judged for accuracy a visual reference, preferably a front and back color photo on paper, can be turned in with your application. Electronic media (i.e. CDs) will not be accepted nor will bringing a laptop or video device (i.e. iPods) to pre-judging. This is not required. However, you may not be eligible for accuracy points if the judges are not familiar enough with your character.
- All judging will be done before the showing, off-stage.
- Costumes must be self-contained.
- Do not enter or exit the catwalk except at the designated points.
- Each contestant may only enter one costume into competition.
- Large elaborate costumes must be handled by the contestant and/or assistants the contestant brings to help. Dragon Con will not be able to provide assistants.