It’s our wacky version of Project Runway.
Join fictional hosts Heidi Plume and Tim’s Gun as they lead teams of designers to create a new look for a group of models. Models, and a wild assortment of unusual construction materials provided. Teams of two people have approximately 45 minutes to build a complete look including props and accessories. In the end, who will be left standing on the runway and who will trod the walk of shame?
We recommend you leave grandma and the kids at home for this one. (NC17 humor)
This contest is a wilder, more cheeky bend on Cosplay. The following information, like the contest itself, is meant to be both informative and entertaining.
- There is a limit of 8 designers (4 teams of 2), at the Director’s discretion and depending upon the “mix” of contestants. Pre selected models will be assigned to teams at the time of the event.
- Individual presentations are limited to the materials provided by the event, you may NOT bring your own fabrics or use your own clothing, or clothing from your friends in the audience…. yes it gets that cut throat!
- The contestants may use NO microphones. The emcees will occasionally ask questions regarding your design and will ask you to speak into their mics at that time.
- All contestants must be over age 18. Please bring a valid state issued ID.
- No full nudity allowed! As Dragon Con says: “No costume is NO COSTUME.” However, shocking or sexy costumes are fine and encouraged! This is adult programming and there will be profanity… lots of it.
- There is no pre-judging session. This is a live construction contest, and the winner will be decided by the audience applause. The 2 hosts and “judging panel” are primarily there only to provide comic relief and to “read” your work. They have no votes in the final decision of the winner.