So, by now we’re sure you have realized that Dragon Con is huge! It’s spread out over seven buildings, each a nice little maze into itself once the crowds arrive. How does one get to all of the Costuming Track events?
Glad you asked. Here are some hotel floor plans to help you navigate through the hotels and perhaps even a tip or two on how to navigate the crowds once you arrive.
Our Home Base: Atlanta Hilton, 3rd Floor
- Most of the action is right here! Costuming Track is 302-305 (please enter through 303) – All panels, all weekend: except for the events listed below.
- Costuming Exhibit – Opens Fri, Sat, & Sun at 1:00 pm and closes nightly at 8:00 pm. The exhibit is closed on Monday.
- Workshops and small demos are in 306-308 (click here to see our schedule and click here to register for a workshop.)
Marriott Marquis: Marquis Level, Imperial Ballroom
- The Bunny Hutch Party & Costume Contest – Thu 10:00 pm
Atlanta Hilton: 2nd Floor, Grand Salons East & West
- Vintage Vogue Fashion Show Line Up (for registered models only) – Fri 2:30 pm
- Vintage Vogue Fashion Show – Fri 4:00 pm (see our VVFS page for details)
- Spectrum Party: LGBT Geeks and Allies – Sat 10:00 pm
- Henson 60th Anniversary Costume Contest – Sun 4:00 pm (This is a collaboration with Puppetry Track. Please contact them for contestant information.)
- Geek Couture Fashion Show – Sun 4:00 pm
Marriott Marquis: Atrium Level, Room A602 & Atrium Ballroom
- Friday Night Costuming Contest (FNCC) Contestant Check In – Fri starting at 5:30 pm (more information)
- The FNCC on Stage Presentation – Fri 8:30 pm
Hyatt Regency: Exhibit Level, Hanover C-E
- Project Cosplay – Sat 10:00 pm (more information)
Hyatt Regency: International Tower Level (LL1), International Ballrooms North & South
- Body Art Challenge – Sun 10:00 pm (more information)
The Georgia Aquarium: Georgia Explorer Education Classrooms
(Past the Main Entrance on the Baker Street side to the glass ramps and follow the signs.) For more information, visit Dragon Con’s Night at the Aquarium Page.
- Chosen Cosplay Competition Registration and Pre-Judging – Sat 5:30 pm
- Chosen Cosplay Competition – Sat 8:30 pm
Again, if you do not see a Costuming Track panel or event listed above, then it is being held in the Costuming Track Room. For a complete list of our events, please visit our What To Do page.
Please bear in mind that other tracks may have costuming related events that are more specific to their featured genre(s). You will want to visit their websites for more details on those events.