Presented by the Costuming Track, and emceed with deft dexterity and swash-buckling suaveness by Nicole Harsch and Mike Sakuta from Crossed Swords, the Friday Night Costuming contest was a resounding success.
With all entrants displaying fantastic costumes, a few stood out as particularly exceptional.
- Best Youth: Genevieve Desileis, Robin Desileis, Swatara Tucker as the Little Big Planet Plushie People
- Best Novice: Cori Imundi as Optimus Prime
- Best Journeyman: Greta Humphrey as Steam Punk Socialite
- Best Professional: Harrison Krix as Daft Punk
- Best Use of Materials: Kelia Gallagher
- Audience Favorite: Elizabeth McKinnon as Velociraptor
- Honorable Mentions: Anna Rossmann as Una; Stephen Taylor as Smolder the Dragon; Elizabeth McKinnon as Velociraptor; Maggie Cogan as Goblin Knight; Wayne Neumaier Jr. as Subject Delta from BioShock 2
Congratulations to the winners and to all the entrants!
The contest was judged by Freddie Clements, Cheralyn Lambeth, Travis Scott Merrill, and Daisy Viktoria, with Kathleen O’Shea David presiding as the head judge.