Check out the new goodies we’ve got lined up for you to bid on at this year’s Charity Auction, benefiting the Georgia Chapter of the Lupus Foundation of America!
- Gil Gerald (Buck Rogers) will be our celebrity auctioneer from 10AM to 11AM.
- At 11:30AM, we will auction off a Friends of Georgia State Parks & Historic Sites Family membership. This $250 in value package includes:
- Two Annual Park passes to at all 63 Georgia State Parks & Historic Sites.
- Free admission to all State Historic Sites for up to six people.
- Two free nights of camping—or— two rounds of golf at a State Golf Course.
- 10% off any stay at a State Park lodge, cottage, or campsite.
- $10 off per ticket for up to two adults per visit on the SAM Shortline Excursion Train in Cordele, Georgia.
- At 12:30PM, Chelsea Quinn Yarbo, author of over 70 novels and numerous short stories and the 2009 Horror Writers’ Association Bram Stoker Lifetime Achievement Award recipient will be auctioning off autographed copies of her books. She is best known for her series of historical horror novels about the vampire Count Saint-Germain.
- At 1:30PM, we will be auctioning off 2 certificates for a dive or swim at the Georgia Aquarium
- At 2PM, 2003 Hugo Award winner (and 2010 Hugo nominee), Robert J. Sawyer will make an appearance and auction off autographed copies of his work.
- At 2:30PM, we will be auctioning off the 2010 Dragon*Con celebrity quilt. This quilt will be signed by many of the guests attending Dragon*Con
And don’t forget our first ever Silent Auction. We are excited to announce that John Paladin, a SFX makeup artist with over ten years of experience has graciously volunteered his services to help us raise money for the Lupus Foundation of Georgia by auctioning off a complete Klingon makeover. Mr. Paladin was J.G. Hertzler’s personal makeup artist for the acclaimed Internet movie Star Trek: Of Gods and Men and will be doing complete Klingon makeup for Robert O’Reily and J.G. Hertzler here at Dragon*Con, and now you have the opportunity for him to give you a complete Klingon look—a kind of Extreme Klingon Makeover! All you have to do is swing by our Charity Events booth in the Marriott (located in the Marquis Registration booth across from the Dragon*Con store) and silently bid on this once in a lifetime opportunity. The winning bidder as of 3PM on Saturday will be onstage in the Hilton Crystal Ballroom at 4PM with Mr. Paladin while 400 or so fellow Trekkies watch you transform from mere mortal to Klingon! You will be able to show off your new look at our Guinness World Record attempt for the largest gathering of Star Trek costumes and wear it proudly for the giant Star Trek party that evening. And the best part? It’s all for charity!
This is just some of the things we will be making available for auction during the 2010 Dragon*Con Charity Auction. We hope to see you there! Sun 10AM Regency V (Hyatt)
More about this year’s charity events for the Georgia Chapter of the Lupus Foundation of America: