Updated August 1, 2022
Dragon Con 2022 is just around the corner and we are looking forward to having so many fans join us for another exciting Labor Day in downtown Atlanta. While we spend a lot of time each year planning to make sure that Dragon Con is the greatest pop culture convention on the planet, we always make health and safety a top priority.
We want to thank everybody for their patience as we have worked very hard to develop COVID protocols intended to keep our Dragon Con Family safe. While things are certainly better now than they were a year ago, we are not yet out of the woods. Unfortunately, the spread of Covid in the metro-Atlanta area is currently at a high level. Therefore, it is necessary to continue to take precautions to keep our attendees, guests, and partners safe. These decisions were not made lightly and came as a result of many discussions with health officials, our venues, and the city.
In 2021, we committed to following CDC guidelines, and as a result, Dragon Con 2021 was a safe environment allowing our fans to come together for a much needed celebration of all things fandom. CDC guidelines will continue to be our guidepost as we determine the safest way to gather. This includes:
- Well-fitting and appropriate masks are required indoors at all our convention venues, including all five host hotels and AmericasMart Buildings Two and Three.
- This year’s convention will have reduced capacity compared to 2019’s convention, though we will welcome more fans than in 2021 and will bring back a limited number of Saturday-only memberships. We expect memberships at all levels to sell out.
- Related to that, there will be no onsite membership sales to reduce congestion, increase social distance, and improve traffic at badge pickup in the Sheraton. If memberships are available for purchase, they will only be available online through Growtix.
- We have made other changes throughout the convention to reduce traffic flow and increase personal space.
- Proof of vaccination or a negative Covid test are not required this year. We highly encourage everyone to get vaccinated to help reduce the spread and severity of COVID 19. Additionally, we encourage every person to make informed decisions about attending our event in the best interest of their own health and that of their loved ones. If you are not feeling well or have been recently exposed to somebody with Covid, please plan to stay home.
- To help spread the joy that is Dragon Con to those who stay home, we continue to offer Dragon Con Goes Virtual, featuring overlapping coverage of the live convention and exclusive programming just for the platform from our amazing fan tracks, available to fans for the low price of $10. Additionally, we will again host the virtual marketplace from September 1 through September 9, allowing fans both at the event and at home to purchase from and support their favorite vendors and artists.
The very best part of Dragon Con is the community. We know that you have each other’s backs, that you care for your fellow fans, and that you will follow the rules because it’s the right thing to do. We trust you to make good decisions and look forward to welcoming you back.
We will continue to evaluate our policies and procedures and follow the guidance of public health officials in order to keep the convention as safe as possible.