Dragon Con supports equal-access and provides on-site assistance for anyone who has a disability. Please be sure to stop by the Disability Services table in the Sheraton if you need any assistance.
Dragon Con seeks to do its utmost to provide equal access to its participants with disabilities in accordance with State and Federal Law. Due to the conventions limited resources, convention volunteers may be required to discuss your reasonable accommodation with you in order to attempt to meet your needs. Seating is limited, and is available on a first come, first serve basis. We ask that you be cooperative, and prompt for seating times for events you would like to see.
The convention offers a variety of services to help you enjoy your Dragon Con experience, including:
- Wheelchair accessible bus service is offered on the official Dragon Con Shuttle. All of our host hotels utilize the Dragon Con Shuttle as well as a number of our other Atlanta hotels. If you are not staying in one of our host hotels, please check the Atlanta hotel list to see if your hotel is serviced by Dragon Con Shuttle.
- Convention schedule in large print available upon request (requested at least two weeks in advance of the convention), or we can email you an electronic version to be downloaded to your screen-reading device.
- Sign Language interpreters upon request.
- Volunteers working all areas of Main Programming in the Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton, and Westin, keeping them accessible for people with disabilities.
- Providing members with medical conditions stickers to put on their badge that gives directions for emergency contacts.
- Running registration for people who, due to the nature of their impairment, can’t maneuver the tight turns or long lines. Please bring a printed copy of any registration information so that our disability services volunteers don’t have to take your phone or mobile device in order to retrieve your badge.
- Please bring a printed copy of any registration information so that our Disability Services volunteers don’t have to take your phone or mobile device in order to retrieve your badge.